Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23 Apply Eligibility details special scholarship for the northeastern region. Ishan Uday Scholarship aims to improve students’ higher education in the northeastern region.
University Grants Commission has launched the Ishan Uday Scholarship special for NER. UGC and the ministry of HRD aimed to improve and promote higher education in the northeastern region. Especially for brilliant students who are economically weak.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Apply Online, Last Date
UGC scholarship for northeastern students invited to submit their application within scholarship running time which is mentioned below.
For 2022-23 fresh candidates can apply for the scholarship scheme through the online portal. Within the application submission period.
- The last date of application submission online is 30-11-2022.
- Defective Verification opens till 15-12-2022.
- Institute Verification is open till 15-12-2022.
|Scholarship name||Ishan Uday Scholarship|
|For||NER (North Eastern Region)|
|Scholars||10000 students per anum.|
Who can apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarsp?
Before you apply for the UGC scholarship for Ishan Uday, you have to know some internal things like eligibility and criteria details, etc.
- The UGC award to 10,000 thousand fresh students only in NER.
- For General Degree, Technical and Professional include Medical and also Pera-Medical courses will eligible.
- If you applied for another scholarship scheme then you are not eligible for a UGC scholarship.
- Under Open University students can’t apply for the UGC scholarship scheme.
- Students whose parent’s income is more than 4.5 lakh he/she can’t apply for the scheme.
- Those students admitted through the management quota they can’t apply for the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria For The Ishan Uday Scholarship NER
The candidate who want to apply for the UGC Scholarship he/she must follow the eligibility criteria as follows –
- Firstly, the students must be a domicile of the North Eastern Region.
- Secondly, the student must be passed HS from the North Eastern domicile Educational Institute under state/central recognized board.
- Thirdly, undergraduate only first-year students can apply for the scholarship.
- Fourthly, Transgender students also apply for the UGC scholarship scheme.
Related Scholarship –
Documents Required for Ishan Uday Scholarship
The students must collect all the documents for the scholarship as mentioned below.
- Annexure-I, Annexure-II, Annexure-IV in case of renewal than you need Annexure-II
- Domicile form court/PRC
- Mark sheet HS 2nd year
- Income certificate
- Canara Bank Account
- All Documents related to Higher Secondary
Note: All annexure forms can download from UGC official website and also you can download them from below mentioned important link section.
Amount of the UGC Scholarship for NER
UGC provides scholarship amounts to direct students’ accounts per month. An amount of Rs. 5400/- per month for General degree and for Professional, Technical, and Medical and Pera-Medical courses Rs. 7800/- per month. The amount is transferred to the direct beneficiaries’ account.
UGC Scholarship Online Application Dates
The UGC application process starts in October and the last date is November month. An eligible candidate can apply for the scholarship scheme within the mentioned period.
The application process starts on – October
The application process closed on – November
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23
Eligible and interested students can apply for the scholarship scheme “Ishan Uday” on the national scholarship portal.
- First, go to the national scholarship portal click here.
- Now click on New Registration for the link click here.
Click on continue
- Now fill in all details carefully
- An OTP will be generated shortly which you have to submit on the portal.
- After the complete registration process, you will get an ID, from which you have to apply for the UGC scholarship. For that, go to NSP home and click on the Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Now fill in all details like name, address, etc.
UGC Scholarship Renewal Process
- The candidate needs to renew their scholarship per semester/year/level.
- The students can’t change their course degrees for renewal.
- Also, the students must apply for good conduct and attendance maintenance for the scholarship renewal.
- If an awardee is unable to attend the annual examination for the illness or any unforeseen event, the awardee must be renewed by submitting the medical report.
- The scholar is monitored by the head of the department of the University/College/Institute. For the renewed purpose, you must fill out the quarterly continuation certificate duly signed by the head of the institute or head of the department.
Why UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship in NER?
University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of HRD have launched the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme. To promote higher study in the northeastern region. Especially for those students who are belonging to the BPL category. Students whose parents ‘ annual income does not exceed 4.5 lakhs.
University Grants Commission has aimed to increase Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER). And improve the professional and technical degrees in NER. UGC wants to provide equal opportunities to the northeast students. That’s why UGC and the HRD ministry want to launch the scholarship scheme. UGC focuses on NER students and launches the scheme from 2014 to 2015.
Objectives of the scholarship:
- To provide equal opportunities in the North-East Region.
- To Improve the Gross Enrolment Ratio in NER by the scheme.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
- To increase professional and technical study in NER.
The awardee will be selected from their marks scored in the last exam Higher Secondary or intermediate. The result of the selection will be published on the UGC NER official website. The result will be published in April month every year.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Rewards
Ishan Uday Scholarship offers scholarships for a total of 10,000 selected students Rs 7800 per month. The selected banks are given scholarships through their DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) mode in their bank accounts.
The number of scholarships allocated to each northeastern state is based on the population of the respective states (according to the latest Census report). Details of the amount of scholarship are highlighted below.
- Students pursuing a general degree course are eligible to receive a scholarship of Rs. 5400 per month until the end of their course.
- A monthly scholarship of Rs. 7800 is awarded to selected students who pursue technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
Why students will look for the Ishan Uday scholarship?
The Ishan Uday Scholarship is a special arrangement of the government which is benefiting many of the talented poor students. From here the scholarship of pure judgment is given, there is no fraud that’s why students looking for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
This special arrangement is a section of the government for many students who come to knowledge but cannot afford the money. And this arrangement applies only to North East India, whereas for other states there is a lot of uncertainty in UGC.
Important Links for the UGC Scholarship
|Download Annexure-I||Click Here|
|Apply Ishan Uday||Click here|
Click here to be redirected to the home page.
To check status go to the NSP portal first link has been given in the important link section. Log in with your user credentials and then you can see your application status on the dashboard.
UGC has launched Ishaan Uday Scholarship Special for NER. The objective of the UGC and the Ministry of Human Resource Development is to improve and promote higher education in the North Eastern Region. Ishaan Uday Scholarship offers a scholarship of Rs 7800 per month for a total of 10,000 selected students.
Minimum 80 to 85 percentage but it depends on the merit list.
Only North Eastern Region students with minimum qualifying numbers can apply.
Canara Bank account.
10000 students will get per annum.
The full form of NER is North Eastern Region and it includes 7 states. Such as Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.