Ishan Uday Scholarship Apply Eligibility details special scholarship for the northeastern region. Ishan Uday Scholarship aims to improve students higher education in the northeastern region.
University Grants Commission has launched Ishan Uday Scholarship special for NER. UGC and the ministry of HRD aimed to improve and promote higher education in the northeastern region. Specially for brilliant students who economically weak.
- How to apply for PRC Assam
- How to Apply for Income certificate Online
- Manipur Electoral Roll Download with Photo
Ishan Uday Scholarship Online Apply, Last Date, Eligibility
Before you apply for UGC scholarship for Ishan Uday, you have to know some internal things like eligibility and criteria details, etc.
- The UGC award to 10,000 thousand fresh students only in NER.
- For General Degree, Technical and Professional include Medical and also Pera-Medical courses will eligible.
- If you applied for another scholarship scheme than you are not eligible for UGC scholarship.
- Under Open University students they can’t apply for UGC scholarship scheme.
- Student’s whose parent’s income more then 4.5 lakh he/she can’t apply for the scheme.
- That student’s admitted through the management quota they can’t apply for the scheme.
Eligibility Criteria For The Ishan Uday Scholarship NER
The candidate who want to apply for the UGC Scholarship he/she must follow the eligibility criteria as follows –
- The students must be a domicile of North Eastern Region.
- The student must be passed HS from North Eastern domicile Educational Institute under state/central recognized board.
- Under-graduate only the first-year students can apply for the scholarship.
- Transgender students also apply for the UGC scholarship scheme.
Documents Required for Ishan Uday Scholarship
The students must collect all the documents for the scholarship as mentioned below.
- Annexure-I, Annexure-II, Annexure-IV in case of renewal than you need Annexure-II
- Domicile form court/PRC
- Mark sheet HS 2nd year
- Income certificate
- Canara Bank Account
- All Documents related to Higher Secondary
Note: All annexure form can download from UGC official website and also you can download from below mentioned important link section.
Amount of the UGC Scholarship for NER
UGC providing scholarship amount to direct students account per month. An amount of Rs. 5400/- per month for General degree and for Professional, Technical and Medical and Pera-Medical courses Rs. 7800/- per month. The amount transfer to direct beneficiaries account.
UGC Scholarship Online Application Dates
UGC application process starts in October and the last date on November month. Eligible candidate can apply for the scholarship scheme within the mentioned period.
The application process starts on – October
The application process closed on – November
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019-2020
Eligible and interested students can apply for the scholarship scheme “Ishan Uday” on national scholarship portal.
- First, go to the national scholarship portal click here.
- Now click on New Registration for the link click here.
Click on continue
- Now fill all details carefully
- An OTP will be generated shortly which you have to submit on the portal.
- After the complete registration process, you will get an ID, from which you have to apply for the UGC scholarship. For that, go to NSP home and click on Ishan Uday scholarship.
- Now fill all details like name, address, etc.
UGC Scholarship Renewal Process
- The candidate need to renew their scholarship per semester/year/level
- The students can’t change their course degree for renewal.
- Also, the students must apply for good conduct and attendance maintenance for the scholarship renewal.
- If an awardee unable to attend the annual examination for the illness or any unforeseen event, the awardee must be renewed by submitting the medical report.
- The scholar monitor by the head of the department of the University/College/Institute. For renewed pupose, you must fill the quarterly continuation certificate duly signed by the head of the institute or head of the department.
Important Links for the UGC Scholarship
|Download Annexure-I||Click Here|
|Apply Ishan Uday||Click here|
Why UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship in NER?
University Grants Commission (UGC) and the ministry of HRD has launched the Ishan Uday scholarship scheme. To promote higher study in the northeastern region especially for which students belonging to BPL category. Students which parents annual income does not exceed 4.5 lakhs.
University Grants Commission has aimed to increase Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) and improving the professional and technical degrees in NER. UGC wants to provide equal opportunities to the north-east students. That’s why UGC and the HRD ministry wants to launch the scholarship scheme. UGC focuses on NER students and launches the scheme from 2014-2015.
Objectives of the scholarship:
- To provide equal opportunities in the North-East Region.
- To Improve the Gross Enrolment Ratio in NER by the scheme.
- To increase professional and technical study in NER.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation.
The awardee will be selected from their marks scored in the last exam Higher Secondary or intermediate. The result of the selection will be published on the UGC NER official website. The result will be published in April month every year.