Membership Card ICAI downloads and gets a new one by following this process. If you want to download your ICAI Membership Card then read.
I hope that after reading this article you will understand all the procedures to get ICAI Membership Card. So read this article till the end to get an ICAI ID Card and apply for a new ICAI Membership Card.
I have prepared this article for freshers who want to get a new ICAI card and who want to apply for the new membership card. After reading this article you will get some important and valuable information about ICAI Card.
What is ICAI?
The full form of ICAI is – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is a statutory body that was passed by the government in the form of an act in Parliament in 1949. And it is an act of India as the name of Chartered Accountants Act 1949.
This act was made to regulate the Chartered Accountant profession in the country. This act regulates the Chartered Accountant course all over India. And ICAI is the world’s second-largest organization in this Chartered Accountant field.
It is a professional body under which the Chartered Accountants course is being regulated.
If you want to get a membership of ICAI then read the below sections.
What does ICAI do?
If you want to work with ICAI then you need to know about ICAI. So keeping this in mind read the functions of ICAI as given below.
If we talk about the functions of ICAI, then the guidelines given to the profession of Chartered Accountants in India are given by ICAI. Apart from this, only ICAI can conduct the course on Chartered Accountants. ICAI helps the government to make rules so that the government can make the best policy in this area.
- To control the profession of accounting
- Education and examination of Chartered Accountancy course
- Continuing professional education of members
- Conduct post-qualification courses
- Formulation of accounting standards
- Prescription of standard auditing method
- To set moral standards
- Quality monitoring through peer review
- Ensuring performance standards of members
- Practice disciplinary jurisdiction
- Financial report review
- Input on policy matters to the government
The value of ICAI at the international level
ICAI is recognized internationally. ICAI is associated with many international organizations.
ICAI’s relations in the international arena –
- ICAI is a founder member of the international federation of accountants (IFAC),
- South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA),
- Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA),
- International Innovation Network (IIN),
- And also ICAI is an Associate Member of the Chartered Accountants Worldwide,
- Member of the International Valuation Standards Council (IVSC).
Is it really necessary to apply for the ICAI Membership number or Card?
If you have completed the CA course and you want to work as CA then you have to take ICAI membership. And only then will you be able to use the CA prefix legally and publicly.
Passing the CA exam is not enough and you need to be a member of ICAI publicly and legally to use the CA prefix.
Secondly, the membership of CA should be taken because ICAI is associated with many institutions and organizations. And all those organizations provide many beneficial schemes for the CA members of ICAI.
If you want to work in the CA field then you will need an ICAI membership number or card. In many jobs, you need to access any site with an ICAI membership number.
So you have to apply for ICAI Membership Card.
What are the eligibility criteria for the ICAI Membership Card?
In this section, you will know what is the eligibility to apply for an ICAI membership card.
Before applying for a membership number, you have to fulfill certain conditions which are given below –
- Articleship Completion
- Adv. ITT and MCS Completion
- Forms 103 and 112 must be filed.
If you did not complete the articleship within the time then you may have to face the problem so complete the articleship within time.
And when you join the firm then if you have left the form 112 then you have to fill it again otherwise you cannot apply for the membership card.
What Documents Required for ICAI Membership Card?
To apply for the ICAI membership card you have to upload the below-given documents on the portal.
- CA Admit or Marksheet
You will need to upload these documents while applying for the membership card.
What are the ICAI Membership Fees?
ICAI Membership Fees as given follows –
Fees for all members below age 60 years.
|Not Holding Certificate for Practice
|Details||Fees||Grant Total Including GST of 18%|
|Associate membership fee||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1770/-|
|Fellow membership fee||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 3540/-|
Who wants a COP certificate along with a membership card have to pay the fee as follows –
|Fees for all members holding Certificates of Practice|
|Details||Fees||Certificate of Practice Fee||Total Including GST 18%|
|Associate membership fee||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 5310/-|
|Fellow membership fee||Rs. 3000/-||Rs. 4000/-||Rs. 8260/-|
Fees for all members above age 60 years not holding a certificate of practice and those holding COPare required as per 2 above.
|Not Holding a Certificate of Practice|
|Details||Fees||Total Including GST 18%|
|Associate membership fee||Rs. 1100/-||Rs. 1298/-|
|Fellow membership fee||Rs. 2300/-||Rs. 2714/-|
How to Apply for the Membership Card ICAI?
To apply for ICAI Membership Card you have to access the SSP Portal of ICAI. Follow the instructions below to get the membership number.
- First of all, go to the SSP portal and log in with your credentials. And if you have not registered there, then first register yourself by clicking on First Time User (New Student). (Remember one thing that you must put the icai.org (icai.org) extension after the CRO, MRN, or SRN number.
- Your details will be fetched automatically after login.
- After that, check your profile details – if all is correct then save it otherwise update your profile. And if you update your profile then you have to wait for a period of one day until your profile gets updated.
- Now, you have to click on Form 2 from Student Function. If Form 2 is not visible then click on the student function and click on submit/pending applications from the left side module.
- From there click on Fresh Membership Enrollment Form 2. After that, an eye button will appear, click on there.
- All the details will be auto-filled on Form 2 which is taken from your profile details.
- In this form, if any mistake you have to fill in your correct details and click on the Save button.
- Now some details will be asked on this form which you need to fill according to you. And click on Save and Next button.
- Upload the document and click on Save & Next button.
- Generate OTP and proceed.
- Then you have to pay the fee.
- After payment, you will get Form 2 in PDF, and a payment receipt will be printed.
Watch the video to understand better –
How to download the ICAI Membership Card?
You will get your ICAI Membership Card or Certificate at the ICAI Convocation. And if you want your membership card online then you can download it from the Digilocker app.
- You can download Digilocker from Google Play Store where you have to log in with your Aadhaar number.
- Then click on the Browse button from the bottom of the screen.
- Now search there Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and then click on it.
- After that, you can see the ID card option click on it and enter your membership number,
- After that click on Get Document.
- Now the ID card will appear there.
Read also –
When you complete your CA course and after that, if you want to work as CA then you have to get a membership number from ICAI. Without membership in ICAI, you cannot address yourself as CA. That is the ICAI Membership Card which gives you the right and validity to use the CA prefix
For registration for the first time, you will have to pay a total fee of Rs 3540 including GST. The fee is subject to change at any time.
Every year you have to pay Rs 1500 as a membership fee to ICAI.
No, you can apply after passing the CA course.
The Chartered Accountants Act 1949 was enacted in India on 1 July 1949.