NSP (National Scholarship Portal) is run by the Ministry of Electronics of Information Technology, Government of India as NSP.
This is a scholarship portal where students can apply for every scholarship of the central government.
Whatever central scholarship is available in the whole of India, it has to be applied from here. We have discussed below how to apply for a scholarship.
How to renew your scholarship? How to check your scholarship eligibility? we have discussed all the processes of NSP so that you understand everything about NSP.
If you are a student or if you are a guardian of a student, then you should know that how NSP is working. And what are the way to apply in it and what is the way to check a scholarship payment? So let’s know all the processes of NSP one by one.
How to check Scholarship eligibility on NSP?
If you want to apply for a scholarship on NSP, you must first check your eligibility. Below are the procedures to check eligibility for a scholarship on NSP. How to check if you are eligible for that scholarship.
- To check eligibility for the scholarship, you need to visit the website of NSP.
- Now you click on Services in the menu bar on the NSP website.
- Now click on Scheme Eligibility from the list of Services.
- After that, a page will open as shown in the photo.
- On that page, you select your state, course level, caste, gender, annual income, etc.
- Then fill the captcha code and click on Check Eligibility.
Now you will see the result there if you are eligible for a scholarship in your state. And if no result is shown then it means that there is no scholarship going on in your state or you are not eligible.
We also discussed how to apply for a scholarship below. Read the article till the end to know all about the NSP scholarship portal.
All scholarship schemes of NSP (National Scholarship Portal)
According to the National Scholarship Portal, all central government scholarships given to students in the country determine the NSP. If a student wants to apply for a central government scholarship, then he or she must apply through National Scholarship Portal’s website.
All the scholarship schemes of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) are discussed below. And the scholarships of all the states under the National Scholarship Portal are also discussed below.
Central Scholarship Schemes
All central scholarship schemes are discussed below category-wise. Whatever you want to know about central scholarship schemes, choose from below.
All Scholarships for minorities –
- Pre matric minority scholarship.
- Post Matric minority scholarship.
- For Professional and Technical courses Minority Merit Cum Means Scholarship.
All Disability Empowerment Scholarships –
- Pre-matric Scholarship for Disabilities students.
- Post-matric Scholarship for Disabilities students
- Top-class scholarship for disabled people.
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students.
Scholarship for Labor Empowerment
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers.
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers.
- Andra Pradesh Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship.
Scholarship for tribal people
- Scholarship for the higher education of ST students.
School Education and Literacy Department scholarships
- National Means Cum Merit Scholarship.
Department of Higher Education scholarships
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students.
- Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles.
- Scholarship for the family martyred during the terror and Naxal attacks.
RPF/RPSF Ministry of Railway scholarships
- Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF.
UGC (University Grants Commission) Schemes
- ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region.
- Indira Gandhi Single Girl Scholarship.
- University rank holders Post Graduate scholarship.
- Post Graduate scholarship for SC/ST students, who are doing a professional course.
State Wise Scholarships Schemes
- Pre-matric scholarship for cleanliness and health hazard children.
- Pre-matric and Post Matric scholarships for ST, SC, and OBC students.
Arunachal Pradesh Scholarships
- Pre Matric and Post Matric Umbrella Scheme Scholarship for ST Students.
- Scheme for the award of stipend to ST students
- Post-matric scholarships for BC-EBC, SC, and ST students.
- Chandigarh Post-matric scholarships for ST, OBC, and Transgender category students.
- Dr. Ambedkar Post-matric scholarship for BPL categories students.
- Scheduled Caste students Pre-matric scholarships.
Dadra and Nagar-Haveli Scholarships
- Pre-matric scholarships to OBC students – Dadra and Nagar-Haveli.
- Scheduled Caste students Pre-matric scholarships.
- For ST students pre-matric scholarships.
Himachal Pradesh Scholarships
- Post-matric scholarship scheme for SC, ST, and OBC students.
Jammu Kashmir Scholarships
- Post-matric scholarships for ST students – Jammu and Kashmir.
- Post-matric and Pre matric scholarship scheme for ST students.
- Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for ST students.
- Pre matric and post matric Umbrella Scheme scholarship for ST students.
- For BPL categories students Dr.Ambedkar post-matric scholarships.
- Pre-matric and Post matric scholarship scheme for scheduled tribes (ST) students.
- Pre matric and Post-matric scholarship scheme for SC students also for cleaning and health hazard.
- For Other Backward Class (OBC) students Post matric scholarship.
- North Eastern Council (NEC) Merit Scholarship scheme.
- Scholarship scheme of Mukyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana.
- Pre matric and post-matric scholarship scheme for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and Minority Students.
For all the above scholarships you have to apply on the NSP portal then you will get the scholarship.
How can you apply for the online scholarship at NSP?
If you are eligible to apply for a scholarship on the National Scholarship portal by checking out eligibility details. So, let’s know how to apply for a scholarship at NSP. Before applying for a scholarship you need to know what documents will need to apply for a scholarship.
Then let’s know what documents will be required to apply for a scholarship –
What documents will be required to apply for a scholarship?
Here is a list of only the Central Government and State Government scholarship schemes. And the document list of UGC scholarships is not given here.
UGC Scholarship holders are paid a lot of money so the list of UGC Scholarship documents is a bit different. Documents are prescribed according to the scholarship for the UGC scholarship.
Let’s know what document will be required to apply in NSP –
- Bank passbook.
- Income Certificate.
- Previews year Marks sheet.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Student declaration form.
- Parent’s declaration form.
- A passport-size photo.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Caste Certificate (as per the schemes).
- Mobile Number.
- Email ID.
The above-listed documents need to be uploaded while applying online for a scholarship.
Procedure to apply for a scholarship on NSP
There is some procedure for applying for the scholarship. Once you know the scholarship procedure of NSP you will not face any difficulty while applying for any scholarship.
Let us know which process of NSP has to be followed to apply for a scholarship-
- First, you need to check your eligibility for any scholarship. And we have discussed how to check any scholarship eligibility on NSP.
- After that, students have to register themselves on the NSP along with the details of the student. Read below on this topic.
- After the registration is complete, a user ID and its password will be sent to the registered email and mobile number.
- Now the student has to log in with his user ID and password on NSP.
- After logging into NSP, a student dashboard will open where the student has to click on the apply online.
- Now an application form will open where the student has to fill in all his details. Such as the details of the institution, previews year percentage, present class, parents occupation, annual income, etc.
- After filling the form click on submit.
- After Uploading all these documents then Select your eligible scholarship scheme.
- Again Select institute and fill complete postal address.
- Click on the final submission to submit the application form.
- An acknowledgment receipt will generate and take a printout of this and submit it to your institute.
- After verifying your details by institute level, District level, and state level your scholarship payment will be sent to the student’s bank account.
So this is the application process and If you want to apply for a scholarship on NSP then you must follow the above process.
NSP Registration for Fresh Students
To apply for a scholarship on NSP, students must first register on the NSP portal themselves. How to register a student in the NSP portal is discussed below.
- First of all, go to NSP.
- Now click on New Registration as shown in the photo.
- Now a page with guidelines will open and pull the page down.
- Tick the three options as shown in the photo and click on the Continue button.
- Now a registration page will open in front of you.
- Fill the form with your details or applicant details.
- Insert your bank details carefully and upload an identification document.
- User ID and password will be sent to your registered mobile number as soon as you click on the register button.
This is the student registering process with NSP. Now according to the procedure, you have to log in to the NSP portal with your user ID and Password.
NSP Login for fresh Registration
This is the first time you will log in to the NSP portal. For this, you will need
- Your mobile,
- User ID,
- and password.
- Go to NSP official portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Now click on the login button the way you clicked on the registration button.
- Now a list will be seen, choose your fresh year from them.
- A login page will open where you click on login to apply for first-time login.
- Now login with the user ID and Password that came to your mobile.
- After that OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number or email id.
- Now fill the OTP and click continue.
- Now change your password.
- The password should be a minimum of 8 digits.
- After changing the password, you will be logged in.
This is the process of the first-time login. According to the procedure, now you need to apply for the scholarship online.
How you can apply online for a Scholarship at NSP?
Find out below how to apply for a scholarship online on NSP. As per the above-mentioned procedure. You will need to apply online for a scholarship from the student dashboard on National Scholarship Portal.
We have discussed above how to log in to the NSP for the first time. if you have not read, then read from above.
- First login to your dashboard.
- Now click on Apply Online.
- After clicking online apply for an application form that will open with filled your registered details.
- Fill in your father’s name, institute details, and percentage, etc as I told in the procedure section. We have discussed below how to check institute details on NSP.
- Follow the procedure section to complete the application form.
This is the process to apply for a scholarship on National Scholarship Portal.
How to find Institute details on the National Scholarship Portal?
If you do not recognize your school details in the NSP online application form, then you can find the details of your school/institute on the NSP.
- First of all, you need to visit the NSP portal. Or click here to get the direct link for search school details.
- A page will open where you have to choose institute sate, district, institute name or
- You can find your school details by school Dise code.
- Now as it is school details choose on your scholarship application.
If you select school details incorrectly on your application form then you may not get a scholarship. If you select the wrong school details then your application will not be verified from the school level and you will not get a scholarship for that.
How you can renew a scholarship at NSP?
If you get scholarship previews year then you must have been given a user ID and password. If you are applying for a scholarship on NSP, you must have a user ID and Password.
And If you have two user-id or more than one user id. Then your application will be considered a duplicate and you will not get a scholarship.
If you have forgotten your NSP user ID and password then you can change it. This is also discussed below how you can reset your NSP user ID and Password.
- To apply for a renewal scholarship you have to log in on your NSP dashboard
- For that click on the login or click here.
- Logged in to your dashboard with your user ID and password.
- Now click on Renew scholarship.
- A form will be open which you filled previews year.
- Now edit this form and click on save and continue.
- Upload all documents and click the final submit.
Take a printout copy of this acknowledgment and submit it to your institute.
How to reset the password and user ID on NSP?
You can recover your user ID using your Bank Account number and mobile number. And remember one thing that you must have a mobile number. From the previews year registered to reset your password.
- Click on Fresh/Renewal login after that click on forgot or recover password
- Now enter application ID/user ID
- After filling captcha click on next
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter OTP and click on submit
- Now your password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- First, click on the login.
- Now a login page will open where you have to click on forgot application ID.
- After that, a new page will open where you have to click on search by Bank Account Number.
- Enter your bank account number and fill in the captcha.
- And click on Check Application ID.
How I can change my mobile number on NSP?
If you want to update your mobile number in NSP, you need to have an application ID and its password. To update your mobile number on the national scholarship portal kindly follow the below-mentioned instructions.
If you want to update your mobile number in NSP, you must have –
- An old mobile number,
- Date of Birth,
- Application ID,
- Applicant name,
- Mother name,
- Bank account number and
- IFSC code of bank ca count.
- Click on login
- Now a login page will open in front of you
- Again click on Apply for renewal
- Now the renewal login page will open from where click on update mobile number
- Mobile number update page will open where enter all your details correctly
- After that click on verify and continue
- If you entered the correct details then you can change your mobile number with a new one.
Objectives of National Scholarship Portal
NSP has a few objectives from which some of the objectives are highlighted below.
- There is no chance of duplicate scholarship applications in the NSP portal
- By NSP, all the scholarships of state and central will be applied from the common portal.
- With this, the student will get the scholarship payment in the direct bank account. There will not be any third-party agent.
- It gives scholarship payment at the right time to the student.
- It has also been taken care of to apply for scholarships easily.
Benefits of NSP
NSP has many benefits, some of which are highlighted below.
- An easy way to apply for the scholarship is provided by the NSP.
- All the scholarships are available under the Umbrella scholarship scheme in the National Scholarship Portal.
- Advantages of improving transparency.
- There is no chance of any duplicate in the scholarship application.
Helpline Numbers of NSP
If you have any difficulty in processing the scholarship application. The NSP portal has issued a helpline number as below.
The applicant will get the solution to his/her problem related to a scholarship from this helpline number.
- Helpline number – 0120 – 6619540
- Email – [email protected]