RTI Application Form PDF and RTI Application Format in Word have been attached to this article, download the RTI Application format.
From this article, you can download the RTI application form, as well as know all the things related to the Right to Information application. What are the things you should keep in mind while applying for information through Right to Information?
Read this article till the end to submit the application form correctly. What are the rules for submitting an RTI application, all of them are detailed in this article?
What is RTI?
If you want to submit an RTI application then first of all it is very important to know about it. And you need to know about its rules and your rights.
The full form of RTI is the Right to Information and this right has been given to the citizens of India. And people can actually ask the government where their tax money is going and where is this money used.
Under this act, any person can ask for any information from any department of the government. This act has been implemented in India on 12 October 2005.
This RTI Act 2005 gives people the power to ask the government about any information. People can ask questions to the government against any corruption in specific departments.
About RTI Applications Form
You can submit an RTI application form both online and offline. I have added both the information here so you don’t need to read any other article.
If you want to download its offline application form then you can download it from here. And if you want to submit your application online then you can submit it for this I have added RTI application format in word format also.
Because even in the online method you really need to elaborate what information you want and from which department you want all these things. For that, you can download the RTI application format in Word also.
And you can fill this application forms pdf to send offline by post. And from the below section you can see how you can submit an RTI application online.
How to Download RTI Application Form in PDF and Word?
Download RTI Application Form from the link given below in Word and PDF format.
|Form name||RTI Application Form|
|For||Seek Information from the Government|
|Mode||Offline and Online|
|RTI Application Form PDF||Download|
|RTI Application Format in Word||Download|
Some Rules for Submission of RTI Application
The purpose of this law is to fix the accountability of government officials. And also bringing more transparency so that corruption can be stopped in the government department. For this act, the government made state information commission and central information commission
- Such information cannot be denied to an MLA, similarly, the same information cannot be denied to a common man.
- Only Indian citizens can take advantage of this act.
- This act is only for common people, so no organization, private limited, or NGO can submit an RTI application form.
- It is necessary to appoint officers in government departments as one or more public information officers.
- Any citizen can ask for information in any format like paper, photo, video in any form if the information is available in these formats.
- Information can be sought only up to the retention period.
- RTI application fee is Rs 10 and is free for BPL category people.
- RTI application fee can be paid through cash, demand draft, postal order, or online.
- A fixed time period of up to 30 days is given for the information sought under RTI.
- After 30 days you have to give information without fees.
- Information can be sought from all the departments under the purview of RTI.
What kind of information can’t you ask for?
This information you can’t ask through RTI –
- Information of any intelligence agency whose information if made public, threatens the security and integrity of the country.
- Cannot seek information about matters related to other countries.
- Third-party and private sector information that you may not solicit.
What are the things you should keep in mind before filing an RTI application?
Steps to be remembered while filling RTI application
- Prepare a list of questions that you intend to ask. The questions asked must be – Straight forward, Fact-based, Specific.
- Be clear, firm and to the point with your application but also be courteous.
- Always give a serial number to query.
- Avoid an essay-type application.
- Ensure the information asked is related to a smaller time duration else its likely to be rejected.
- Stick to one subject per application.
- Ensure to point to any government or specific files.
How to fill RTI Application Form?
You can write an RTI application on any plain paper there is no prescribed format as the application form. But you have to fill this form keeping the above information in mind.
You can check the sample application from the below section. And also you can fill the given PDF application. There is no restriction on filling these application forms. These forms are collected from government official websites.
You can write an RTI application in your local language. Or you can fill it online also check about it from the below section.
Basically, you have to write in the application what information you need and what is the time period. And you have to mention the department. You do not need to provide any reason for asking for the information, you just need to provide your address.
You can provide your contact details in the application form but it is not necessary.
RTI Sample Application Form
From the above section, you can download RTI Application Form in PDF and in word format also. But there is no restriction for plain paper applications.
You can write an application in handwriting just you need to remember the above-given information and need to write as given in the sample format.
RTI Online Application Form
You need to follow the instructions given below to submit RTI online application.
- First of all, go to the official website of RTI.
- After that click on submit request option from the tab.
- A new page will open where guidelines will appear read it and accept the terms and click on submit button.
- Now the online application form will open so that you will have to fill it properly.
- Fill in your personal information like name, address, qualification, and contact details on that application form.
- Then fill in the reason and click on the make payment button. You can fill in the reason details as shown in the sample format. Otherwise, your application may be rejected.
Important Sections of RTI
Some important sections of Right to Information –
- 6(1) – Section for writing RTI application.
- 6 (3) – If the application goes to the wrong department, it will be sent to the right department within 5 days.
- 7 (5) – BPL cardholders do not have to pay the application fee.
- 7 (6) – If the RTI reply is not received within 30 days, the information will be given free of cost.
- 8 – Information that is related to the security and integrity of the country will not be given.
- 18 – If an officer does not respond, his complaint should be given to the Information Officer.
- 19 – If the reply of RTI is not received within 30 days, then the first appeal can be made to the first appellate authority.
- 19 (3) – If the answer to the first appeal is not received within 30 days, then the second appeal can be made within 90 days.
Related forms –
Click here to be redirected to the home page.
President, Prime Minister, Governor and Chief Minister’s Office, Sangasad and Bidhan Mandal, Election Commission, All Courts, All Government Offices, All Government Banks, All Government Hospitals, Police Departments, Three Armed Forces, PSUs, Government All Insurance Companies, All Phones Companies, government-funded NGOs, schools, and colleges.
RTI application fee is Rs 10/-
You will get the RTI Information within 30 days of application submission.