RTO Form 20 – Download form no 20 for vehicle registration for new and re-registration of any vehicle download it in PDF.
If you are looking for form 20 then you can download it from the bottom of the page. This form is for the registration of the vehicle for new and in the re-registration.
I wanna suggest you that read this article once to clear your confusion about the new and re-registration of a vehicle. Below has given the details about that form –
|Form name||RTO Form 20|
|Purposes||For Vehicle Registration|
Why RTO Form 20
First of all, I want to clear you about RTO Form 20, in which case you can use that form. As you know that form is being used for registering a new vehicle but probably you also know that in case of re-registration also that form is used.
A vehicle requires re-registration when you want to transfer your vehicle from one state to another. If you want to know how you can transfer your vehicle from one state to another, you can read it here.
As per the Government of India rules you need to register your new vehicle within a week of buying the vehicle. But from the vehicle company seller, provide a temporary registration for one month to drive the vehicle legally on the road.
So you have to get your vehicle registered by filling RTO Form 20 within one month of buying your vehicle. Otherwise, you may have to pay a hefty fine.
Documents you need to attach with Form 20
As you know that when you buy a vehicle the registration of the vehicle is mandatory. Because without the registration of the vehicle you are not authorized to drive the vehicle on the road.
And for vehicle registration, you have to fill that form and with that form, you have to submit more documents which are given below.
- Application in Form 20.
- Sale certificate in Form 21.
- R W certificate in form 22.
- Valid insurance certificate.
- Chasis pencil print.
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Passport size color photograph
- Registration certificate (if any)
If you do not know what is Chasis pencil print then you can search on youtube you will get many practical videos on that topic.
How to Fill RTO Form 20?
This form has four pages where the Inspection Certificate has been attached. On that form, you have to write about yourself and the vehicle.
- In numbers 1 to 8 write about your details like your name, address, birth details, etc.
- In number 10, enter the address of your vehicle dealer from whom you have purchased the vehicle.
- Point 10 includes If you have purchased or imported the vehicle from Ex Army then attach design approval by State Transport Authority.
- From points, 12 to 28 write your vehicle details like Chassis Number, Engine Number, Brand Name, Date of Manufacture, etc.
- If your vehicle is not a private vehicle then you have to fill numbers 29 to 39 for which you can contact your dealer or automobile specialist.
- And the fourth page is for office use.
Download RTO Form 20 in PDF
Below has given the download link of that form, you can download that form by clicking on download. That file is in PDF format.
|Visit Go Digital Zone||Click here|
|Official website of Parivahan||Click here|
Download more RTO forms –
Read also: NPS Form Annexure S1