Atal Pension Yojana (APY) 2020 – How to apply for this Atal Pension Yojana (APY), what is the benefit of this scheme and with this, what process will the beneficiary have to face to avail this scheme?
If you want to know all this information, then you read this article till the end. Under this scheme, the government will give 5000 months to all persons between the age of 18 to 40 years, so let’s know all the information about this scheme.
This is a pension scheme of the government in which you have to deposit a few rupees in your bank account monthly. Suppose you deposit Rs 50 per month in your bank account, then the government will deposit Rs. 50 in your pension account. And you will get all this money in your old age in 5000 months. Therefore this scheme will be very beneficial for those who are unorganized workers.
What is APY (Atal Pension Yojana)?
ATAL PENSION YOJANA (APY), is a pension scheme for the people who work in unorganized sector (nongovernmental employee). This scheme is considered mainly focusing on their well being at an old age.
The Government of India backed to this scheme and this act as an incentive to the account holder. This pension scheme was launched in the budget of 2010-11 by the finance minister, which then later replaced as ATAL PENSION YOJANA in the year 2015.
Who can apply for Atal Pension Yojana?
Anyone who is 18 years old or more can avail of the benefit from this scheme. The eligibility criteria best follow the below points-
- Citizens of India,
- Age, within 18 years to 40 years old,
- Not a Government employee,
- Not a taxpayer,
- Having Aadhar card, and
- Having a bank saving account.
If anyone fulfils the above criteria, can apply for the Atal Pension Yojana. For general people, one should think of his future and go for his scheme who wants to have a comfortable and secure old age.
Details of the Scheme Atalpension Yojana
Under this scheme who meets the eligibility criteria, needs to open an Atal Pension Yojana account in the bank. On reaching 60 years of age, he/she will receive an amount of money (Rs. 1000 to Rs. 5000) monthly and the amount depends upon his contribution.
The account holder will need to contribute a sum of money periodically (monthly/quarterly/half-yearly) to his pension account. This contribution amount depends on two main factors-
- Age of account holder, and
- The amount one wants to get on reaching the age of 60.
In this scheme, you will have to deposit money in your bank account according to age. I am giving it below in a chart so that you will know how much money you will have to deposit in this scheme according to your age. And in return, how much money the government will deposit in the same account.
Atal Pension Yojana Chart –
The subscriber’s deposit will get debited from his bank saving account automatically. The Government of India will contribute 50% of the contribution per annum or Rs. 1000 to each subscriber, whichever will be lower. This benefaction by the Government will be for a period of 5 years.
Some important things to know about Atal Pension Yojana
If you want to apply for Atal Pension Yojana, then you have to know all the things given below. So that you do not have to face many problems with Atal Pension Yojana in future.
- If the deposit of one instalment gets a bounce, then there will be a charge of Rs. 1 per Rs.100 or accordingly.
- If continuously six instalments get a bounce, then the account will get freeze.
- And if the 12 continuous instalments get a bounce, then the account will get deactivated.
- If 24 continuous instalments get a bounce, then the account will be closed.
- One can close his account anytime if he wants to before his mature age.
- Once the account is closed, the deposited amount will be given back to the bank account with interest but the government contribution will not be benefitted.
- If the subscriber dies before the age of 60, then his wife will get the benefit of Rs. 1.7 lakh to Rs. 8.5 lakh according to his contribution.
- If both husband and wife die, then the nominee will get the benefit.
How you can apply for Atal Pension Yojana?
To apply for this scheme is a very easy and short process. One who fulfils the eligibility criteria can apply in two different ways-,
Atal Pension Yojana SBI Online Apply
- Login from www.onlinesbi.com
- Go to e-services
- Go to more options
- Then go to social security schemes, and
- APY and fill-up the form which on submission, your APY account will be ready.
How to apply for Atal Pension Yojana offline
- Go to the bank where your saving account is opened
- Ask for APY form and fill it up.
- Along with the APY form submit your Aadhar card.
- You’ll get an APY account from the bank and your account is ready.
When one reaches the age of 60, he/she needs to go the bank and fill a form of your matured Atal Pension Yojana account.
Following that you’ll receive the amount of Rs. 1000/ Rs. 2000/Rs. 3000 /Rs. 4000 / Rs. 5000 according to your pension plan. ALL DONE, HAPPY OLD AGE, SECURED OLD AGE.
Know more about this scheme –